Sunday, March 16, 2008

While I Was Gone...














Hey y'all this past week has been crazy as hell. I just started a new job last week and headed off for an orientation retreat. This week I will be at the Take Back America Conference in Washington, DC. I will be blogging live from the conference with highlights, insights and tidbits.

Ok, so while I was gone it appears that the flames have spread to epic proportions. Here's just a few examples:
  • Eliot Spitzer: The Empire State's moral crusader got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Looks like a once rising star in the Democratic Party is headed for eternal infamy. I mean how do you explain to your wife getting a hooker the night before Valentine's Day?
  • Geraldine Ferraro: An case study is crazy talk. I guess I missed her memo that Black Men moved up to the top of "the privilege totem pole". The sad part is I was always down with "Gerrie", ever since she ran for VP in 2004. The Democratic Party is looking like less and less of "shoe in" for 2008. Note to HRC: A scorched earth strategy may not be the best move, when you need 90% of the Black Vote to win.
  • Rev. Jeremiah Wright: I guess he didn't get Obama's memo to keep a low profile until the day after the first Tuesday in November. I wonder if he thought he was being helpful to the cause, when he said Hillary has never been called a "N-Word". Maybe it is just me but I think he was just a little off message.
I guess one good thing happened while I was gone, the University of Pittsburgh's B-Ball team won the Big East Tourney last night in New York.

On an even better note, it's about to be March Madness Time!

No comments: