Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday's Good, Better & Best + The Tuby Awards?

I Just Wanna Celebrate!





Last Night, I had a great time celebrating my birthday. Friends near and far came out to show and spread love, I was deeply humbled and have much appreciation for all of you. Special shout of thanks goes out to all the well wishers who called me, sent text messages, emails, etc. I also have to say thanks to those who couldn't make it, I'm sure we'll cross paths somewhere out on the town sooner or later!


I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a blast! A diverse, dynamic group of people descended on the Young Bros. Bar in the Brightwood section of the city's Northside. In the house were my brother and his girlfriend Tiff, Dan Lavelle and his fiance' Rachel Riley (congrats), Janis Williams, Shea McKinney, author Steve J, Jen England, Big D, Taili Thompson, Rachel Canning, Tony Lodico, Gwen Moorer, Nathaniel Doyno, State Representative Chelsa Wagner, Bomani Howze, Angel Gober, Evans Moore, my lil' cousin Meka Reed, Rev. Eugene Blackwell, Barney Oursler, Rick Adams, Jeff Dzamko, State Representative Jake Wheatley and Yarone Zober. Thanks Jamie opening up your fine establishment!


Afterwards, many of us headed down to Charismatic Marketing's "Black Party" at Olive or Twist and DJ Nate the Phat did it again! Good people, good music and good venue, two thumbs up.




My Top 3 videos for the week:


America meet the next Miss Knowles: Casey Knowles, the young girl from Hillary Clinton's "3 a.m. Ad", endorses Obama in new commercial.





Cop Essay: An interesting foray into police/community relations.





The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers upset the Drake Bulldogs on this buzzer-beater shot in overtime in the first round of the 2008 NCAA Tournament.







The Tuby Awards: Youtube announced the winners of the 2007 "Tubys".


See a listing of the winners of the second annual You Tube Awards.




Next Week: A deeper analysis of the presidential election in Pennsylvania and more...

No comments: