Sunday, March 9, 2008
From Ashy to Classy...
Today 11 years ago, the rapper known as Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls was gunned down in Los Angeles. That day the Hip Hop world lost a legendary standard bearer. I remember the first time I heard Biggie on "Party and Bulls-it", from the Who's the Man Soundtrack. Instead of doing the usual Sunday's Best, I figured I'd do a tribute to B.I.G., with a listing of the favorite lines from my favorite songs that he performed on. We'll always love Big Poppa!
Warning! You are about to enter a non-PC zone!!!
- "(How ya livin Biggie Smalls?) I'm surrounded by criminals, Heavy rollers even the sheisty individuals. Smokin skunk and mad Phillies, Beatin down Billy Badasses, cracks in stacks and masses. If robbery's a class, bet I pass it, Shit get drastic, I'm buryin ya bastards.Big Poppa never softenin, Take you to the church, rob the preacher for the offerin"
- From "Players Anthem"
- "Frank White the desperado, Used to rock the all black Movado, the all black Eldorado. All that and a bottle of Don P, Niggaz can't harm me, I keep the army. Is Brooklyn in the house? - Without a doubt I'm the rapper with clout everybody yap about, check it out: guns I bust emProblems with my wife: don't discuss em, Coups and lier jets I lust them fingerprints I dust'em"
- From "Get Money" (Remix)
- "Was told in shootouts, stay low, and keep firin. Keep extra clips for extra shit, Whos next to flip, on that cat with that grip on rap? The most shady, tell em!, frankie baby, Aint no tellin where I may be, May see me in d.c. at howard homecomin, With my man capone, dumbin, fuckin somethin. You should know my steelo, Went from ten gs for blow to thirty gs a show, To orgies with hoes I never seen befo(re)"
- From "Kick In the Door"
- From "Young G's"
- "I perform like Mike, Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson. Action, pack guns, ridiculous, And im, quick to bust, if my ends you touch. Kids or girl you touch, in this world I clutch, Two auto-matoes, used to call me fatso, Now you call me Castro, my rap flows Militant"
- From "Victory"
- "Its on nigga, fuck all that bickering beef, I can hear sweat trickling down your cheek. Your heartbeat sound like sasquatch feet, Thundering, shaking the concrete. Finish it, stop, when I foil the plot, Neighbors call the cops said they heard mad shots. Saw me in the drop, three in the corner, Slaughter, electrical tape around your daughter, Old school new school need to learn though. I burn baby burn like disco inferno"
- From "Who Shot Ya'?"
- "Hunt me or be hunted, three hundred and fifty-seven ways, To summer sautee, Im the winner all day, Lights get dimmer down biggie's hallway. My forte causes caucausians to say, He sounds demented, car-weed scented. If I said it, I meant it Bite my tongue for no-one, Call me evil, or unbelievable."
- From "Unbelievable"
- "Who shot ya? Mob ties like Sinatra, Peruvians tried to do me in, I ain't paid them yet. Tryin to push 700's, they ain't made them yet, Rolex and bracelets is frostbit Rings too, niggas round the way call me Igloo Stick Who?"
- From "Brooklyn's Finest"
- You're wack to me, Take them rhymes back to the factory. I see, The gimmicks...the wack lyrics,The shit is depressing...pathetic...please forget it. You're mad cause my style you're admiring, Don't be mad...UPS is hiring"
- From "Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)
- "First things first I poppa freaks all the honies, Dummies playboy bunnies those wantin money. Those the ones I like cause they don't get nathan, but penetration unless it smells like sanitation. Garbage I turn like doorknobs, Heart throb never black and ugly as ever. However I stay Coogi down to the socks, Rings and watch filled with rocks"
- From "One More Chance" (Remix)
AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!
Read the lyrics here: