Friday, March 7, 2008

Campaign Songs











Nowhere in this country, from sea to sea, does nature comfort us with such assurance of plenty, such rich and tranquil beauty as in those unsung, unpainted hills of Pennsylvania.Rebecca Harding Davis


For the next six weeks the political universe will focus on my home state and i'm giddy. I've been taking calls and emails from people all over the country about my thoughts, expectations and predictions. My local reporter friends now sit on conference calls with Andrea Mitchell; How cool is that? And in some strange twist of fate, my buddy Pat Clark has resurrected the THIRD ROUND. Be afraid, be very afraid. Maybe it has something to do with the writer's strike, the first show should air this coming Monday. No matter what PA is in play, and that is more than just a catchy rhyme, it is the truth.

Breaking news: Bill Clinton to meet with Philadelphia Democratic Committee. As a member of Pittsburgh's Democratic Committee, we better get some love too! Thanks Benny G!

Ok, on to the show...

Campaign Songs

As I was driving this morning I asked myself if I were the candidates what would be my theme song right now. So I wrote a blog about wanna read it here it go:

Hillary: The Catwoman of national politics, has proven to have nine lives and a mean fight game. All she needs is that bad-ass leather suit and she's set. If I were her, I'd be bumpin Lil' Kim's "Lighter's Up" in my ride. I know it aint quite PC, but HRC is
gangsta, has had her run ins with John Q. Law and her significant other is one of the greatest to ever do it.



Barack: After a streak that rivaled
Joe Dimaggio in 1941, the Hope Express blew a tire on the way to the nomination. If I was Mr. Obama, i'd juice up my I-Pod and put on Grateful Dead's "Touch of Grey", an appropriate jam for the moment. Nothing like a little Jerry to get a good progressive off the ropes and back into the middle of the ring. Just stay away from the mind altering stuff that is usually associated with the Grateful Dead, unless the DNC decides to seat Florida and Michigan.



Have a good weekend, if you are not doing anything Friday Night head over to the Shadow Lounge and check out this cool band from Cleveland (did I say that?)
Mifune
.









1 comment:

Smitty said...

http://smittyfromtheflats.blogspot.com/

Rendell says screw the voters...take a look

http://smittyfromtheflats.blogspot.com/